Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Looking Inward











It was very exciting this morning when I looked at Huffington Post and saw the advertised link to BuzzFeed on Tim and Eric's upcoming new show; It was then quite strange to see myself listed as the second "best link" for my little post on the show. Stranger than that was seeing my friend since 2nd grade Peter's blog as the 6th "best link".
While the notion that perhaps a curious Chris Matthews checking Huffington Post will, for boredom's sake, click the link and find my little online abode stimulates me, in the end, it left me cold.
I then must ask, why the hell does anyone read this blog at all? I surely don't: the music writing is vague and full of adverbial cliches, the humor is juvenile and hipper-than-thou ironic, the choice of youtube clips is strange and off-putting, etc.
Either way, as the new year approaches I must say I'm thankful that I have a place where I can write about classical music, my odd hatred of all forms of post-modernism*, the Pre-Cambrian Explosion and Tahitian Treat, and someone will read it. Whatever else I can say about my problems in reality, my internet life is good. And isn't that the most important thing?

*Be on the look out for a new series on this blog, (fake) "Profiles in American Academia."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PWS --

I've responded to your post (well sort of) over at my blog.

2:49 PM  
Blogger M. Keiser said...

I really just use my blog to link to all the others I know that are more interesting than mine. Im actually ashamed of my blog more often than not, but im too apathetic to write something enlightening... assuming i could.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home