Friday, January 05, 2007

Me Meme Me










The great Daniel Wolf tagged me for this meme (his answers here) and I will pleasantly comply as I never met a list I didn't like.

Name (1) a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies,

-Borges' Collected Fictions (translated by Andrew Hurley). Actually this book is almost 20 dollars new, so I usually just let friends borrow my copy. In fact, someone has my copy right now. I'm cheap, but I think that counts.

(2) a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music,

-Sibelius' Fourth Symphony

(3) a film you can watch again and again without fatigue,

-Hoop Dreams

(4) a performer for whom you suspend of all disbelief,

-Keith Jarrett

(5) a work of art you'd like to live with,

-Dürer's Saint Jerome in his Study

(6) a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life,

-Spinoza's Ethics. Philosophy to me is a form of fiction. I don't mean this in any metaphysical or nihilistic way, but Spinoza is near and dear to me and I get as much philosophical meaning from a highly structured and abstract philosophical text that I do from any great art.

(7) a punch line that always makes you laugh.

-"Don't bother Jesus with that shit."

Forward this to three people.

-Hey you three, do this thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(6) a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life,

-Spinoza's Ethics.


Patrick -- That's the most provocative thing I've read in a while (and I read a lot of provocative things). You have definitely made my day.

5:47 PM  
Blogger M. Keiser said...

now i want to know the joke.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home